The Lawn is situated at the heart of Dawlish town centre with the sea to the east. The site is flat with many level pedestrian access points. All paths are wide, level and hard, and can accommodate wheelchairs, pushchairs and mobility scooters. Designated disabled parking bays are available on The Strand that runs along The Lawn, and also in Brunswick St. car park.
The Lawn was formerly a swampy estuary. About 1800, Mr. John Edye Manning came into possession of this land and proceeded to reclaim it by raising the level, principally with the earth excavated in making Queen Street and Park Street. In the Georgian era the town began to develop as a resort; at the beginning of the 19th century the Strand and Brunswick Place were laid out around a lawn, and the river, Dawlish Water was straightened. This commenced the formation of what is now The Lawn.
Pay and display car park
Adventure golf course
Telephone: 01626 361101